Tribalectic Body Jewelry Store - Body Piercing Jewelry and Accessories Login |  Sign Up |  View Cart |  Checkout
# of Items: 0 Subtotal: $0.00
Shop Catalog By
Email Login

Password

New users sign up!
Free email accounts @tribalectic.com

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#300313 - 02/06/02 09:18 PM witch hazel ok?
becca3045 Offline

I was told to wash my navel piercing with a mild anti-bac soap (like Dial) then clean it with witch hazel twice a day for the first few week,s then cut it down slowly after that. I read somewhere that witch hazel doesn't actually help the healing process. I also read that salt soaks are bad for healing piercings b/c and should only be used to clear up an infection and will actually slow down the healing process. The only problem I've had is when the barbell caught on my jeans when I leaned over when the piercing was about 2 weeks old (it's a month old now) and got slightly infected but I just kept cleaning it the way I had been and it cleared up just fine. Should I switch to a new cleaning process anyway?
~Becca~

#300314 - 02/06/02 09:32 PM Re: witch hazel ok?
Reverend Chuck Offline
Lord High Executioner

Loc: USA
You've been getting some BAD information.

A good antimicrobial soap for cleaning is recommended, but Dial is not the best choice. It can be very drying, and is harsh to the piercing (but not very strong for germ-killing). Satin and Provon are better choices.

Witch hazel has absolutely no place in piercing aftercare.

Sea salt soaks are probably the single best thing you can do for your piercing, at least for the vast majority of people. They WILL promote faster healing, theuy can help fight infection, and tey are very soothing for sore. irritated, or itching piercings. Very, very few people find them too drying.

Please take the time to read the healing and aftercare information on this site. Also, visit www.ringsofdesire.com and read the aftercare information.

Copyright © 2000-2008
Tribalectic Body Jewelry
For more information see the Tribalectic.comô Privacy Statement
Search

Shout Box

Forum Stats
12905 Members
10 Forums
53141 Topics
742879 Posts

Max Online: 243 @ 07/30/10 09:54 AM