Tribalectic Body Jewelry Store - Body Piercing Jewelry and Accessories Login |  Sign Up |  View Cart |  Checkout
# of Items: 0 Subtotal: $0.00
Shop Catalog By
Email Login

Password

New users sign up!
Free email accounts @tribalectic.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#268802 - 07/08/03 10:53 AM wish me luck!
heatheR* Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
On Thursday I get to talk to my boss to find out if it would be acceptable to have my tongue pierced (as long as I wore a retainer at work). I've been crazy about tongue piercings for YEARS and I finally have the chance to get my tongue pierced when I go away (in about a week and a half!) ... so I'm really nervous about what she'll say... I don't see why she would say no since she's pretty understanding and lenient and the retainer is practically invisible - I'm gonna show it to her to convince her more - but I'm going outta my mind with anticipation! :p Ahh I can't wait! If she says no I'm going to be so upset frown But if she says yes... WOO HOO!! laugh

p.s. - I would be the poster formerly known as "doll", just changed my name smile

#268803 - 07/08/03 11:00 AM Re: wish me luck!
wray Offline

Loc: atlanta
You will be unable to wear a retainer until the piercing is fully healed, and TBH, those flesh colored hide-its are made with crap acrylic and I wouldnt let my dog use them(do some research on the toxidity of acrylic in piercings long term).

However, as Chuck (who rarely posts here anymore frown ) can attest, my piercer anodizes titanium barbells and labrets to a color that is super un-noticable. He makes them this matte greyish pink tongue color. They are awsome! And, you do not have to wait until the piercing heals to wear it, as you can be pierced with it.
Ask Chuck about his, or, go to my piercers website at www.piercing.org and email him. He ships all jewelry quick, anywhere on the planet,and already autoclaved and sealed. He would be glad to send you a pic and if you order, he can send it out, ASAP and get it to you before you go to the piercer. You may wanna have a piercer size your tongue 1st, so you can order the correct size, some people have thinner or thicker tongues after all!

Oh, and you wanted us to wish you luck, so GOOD LUCK!!!
Beautiful, only temperamental
Beautiful, only slightly mental
"Beautiful"-Belle And Sebastian
I'm so vain that I think this song's about me.
This would be me.

#268804 - 07/08/03 11:10 AM Re: wish me luck!
Angel_ Offline

Loc: Montreal
I hope your boss says yes.....
I know how you feel I had to ask my boss's permission for all my visible piercings...(thankfully he said yes...)
If your boss isn't too stricked I'm pretty sure she'll let you, a tongue piercing isn't very visable...
I've had mine for 10 months and a guy I work with just noticed it last night.....
let us know what happens.
have fun on your vacation
good luck laugh

#268805 - 07/08/03 11:13 AM Re: wish me luck!
TheFariesFire Offline

Loc: Houston Tx
I looked at those barbells when I was aksing about them many many months ago, and the piecture he sent me loked like a normal steel barbell! ..I mean, do they still look that obvious, or do they lok different in real life? Are those actual pics on the jewelry that he sends you?

Daiths•Lobes•Helices•Industrial•Inner Conch•Nostril•Tongue•Navel•VCH

http://www.myspace.com/amy0410
Pit Bull Lovers!

#268806 - 07/08/03 11:20 AM Re: wish me luck!
wray Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TheFariesFire:
I looked at those barbells when I was aksing about them many many months ago, and the piecture he sent me loked like a normal steel barbell! ..I mean, do they still look that obvious, or do they lok different in real life? Are those actual pics on the jewelry that he sends you?
I dunno, but, he would never use steel. I think that in pics, the matte finish does somthing wierd with the light... I have too, seen pics of them, and they look shiney and silvery, but, like I said, I think that has to do with the flash on the cam or whatever. When I see him in person, you cannot tell he is wearing a tongue bar, unless he sticks out his tongue and shows you... Like any type of piercing hider thing, you can see it, it is not invisible, BUT, it makes a less noticable piercing and makes it way way less noticable.
I think there is a pic on his site some where, and, honestly, it just looks like a pink titanium barbell in pics, but believe me, in person, it is very unshiney and dull, much like the surface of your tongue.
This would be me.

#268807 - 07/08/03 11:23 AM Re: wish me luck!
heatheR* Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by wray1975:
[QB]You will be unable to wear a retainer until the piercing is fully healed...

... my piercer anodizes titanium barbells and labrets to a color that is super un-noticable. He makes them this matte greyish pink tongue color. They are awsome! ...[QB]
I know that I won't be able to wear a retainer in the piercing until it is fully healed - my vacation is just long enough to allow for healing time smile The retainer I bought is a clear acrylic one, so it's even less noticable than the supposed "no-c-ums", and I wouldn't wear it for long pieriods of time - just during shifts at work... Thanks for the info on your piercer, I'm just about to check out the site - and thanks for the good luck too smile I can't stop thinking about it... I wish it would hurry up and be Thursday! :p

#268808 - 07/08/03 12:02 PM Re: wish me luck!
wray Offline

Wow, you must have a really long vacation!!! Lucky you!
This would be me.

#268809 - 07/08/03 07:54 PM Re: wish me luck!
heatheR* Offline

Well, it's 2 weeks long and I'm getting the piercing first thing, so the initial healing will be over. smile I'll wait a month before wearing the retainer though - I'll probably just switch the top metal ball to a clear acrylic one for my work shifts when I get back. (H) I'm going to Alberta, Canada - cool stuff.

#268810 - 07/08/03 07:59 PM Re: wish me luck!
GabooN Offline

Loc: Windsor, Canada
you should have gone earlier and you could have gone to the stampede smile
That shines, above you and I.
-matchbook romance- if all else fails

http://gaboon.bmezine.com

#268811 - 07/10/03 02:11 PM Re: wish me luck!
heatheR* Offline

Stampede eh? Too bad I missed it frown ah well...

This is just an update... I talked to my boss today and as it turns out, I'M GETTING PIERCED! laugh 2 weeks today - I can't wait!!

I'm so excited right now, I just had to share the good news with everyone!!! laugh laugh (YAY! lol)

#268812 - 07/10/03 02:25 PM Re: wish me luck!
Angel_ Offline

Loc: Montreal
Congrats heatheR* I'm glad that your boss said yes....
and good luck for the piercing.....
keep us updated smile

#268813 - 07/10/03 02:29 PM Re: wish me luck!
MsJen Administrator Offline
I never saw the way the orange slayed the rake...

Loc: Indiana!!!
I dont think one month is long enough to give it time to heal and use one of those retainers. I have one although i never used it.When i was going to get a job I talked to a piercer and he said even 2 months is pushing it to wear one.Alos ya those no c ums are bad.I was going to get one and the piercer was cleaning it getting it ready to put in my tongue and as he tested it to screw on the whole ball shattered.

"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of jalapenos-- what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Copyright © 2000-2008
Tribalectic Body Jewelry
For more information see the Tribalectic.com™ Privacy Statement
Search

Shout Box

Forum Stats
12905 Members
10 Forums
53141 Topics
742879 Posts

Max Online: 243 @ 07/30/10 09:54 AM