Tribalectic Body Jewelry Store - Body Piercing Jewelry and Accessories Login |  Sign Up |  View Cart |  Checkout
# of Items: 0 Subtotal: $0.00
Shop Catalog By
Email Login

Password

New users sign up!
Free email accounts @tribalectic.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#268763 - 07/08/03 04:49 AM Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
Tandi Offline

Loc: Escaped!
Babyink Tattoo

I just read the "info" page and looked at the pictures and I don't want to believe these folks are for real. Garfield tattoos on little kids' arms? How wrong is that?

Some particular gems I liked:

Quote:
They use our specially designed "Junior Needle" which is smaller and less intrusive than the ones used on adults.

How Will My Child's Growth Affect the Tattoo?

If the tattoo is a word or an outline of a picture it will change very little over time and could require just one follow up visit before the child reaches it's full size. In the case of more detailed pictures with color and shading, the coloring will stretch and the tattoo will need a quick and affordable "update" about every four years until full grown.
"Less intrusive" needles? So... how's the ink gonna stay put? (How are you going to keep a child from scratching the healing tattoo and getting sunburns with it anyway?) And what's with the idea that outlines won't stretch, but shading will?

If this isn't a joke, I'd say that's infinitely worse than "temporary tattoos" and getting toddlers' lobes gun-pierced. I need to go restore my faith in humanity somehow now.

#268764 - 07/08/03 05:00 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
Stars Offline

Loc: Glasgow, Scotland
I saw this on another board earlier and they were wondering if it was real too but I don't think it is.

I'm sure its illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to be tattoeed or pierced.

#268765 - 07/08/03 05:28 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
planetred Offline

Loc: UK, England, West Yorkshire
Quote:
I'm sure its illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to be tattoeed or pierced.
You can be pierced if you're under 18 with parental permission, and I think you can get a tattoo at 16 with parental permission.

Boys are like slinkies, it's always fun to watch them fall down the stairs.
Holly xXx

#268766 - 07/08/03 05:44 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
TheFariesFire Offline

Loc: Houston Tx
I would think those kids would be crying a lot if it were real, numbing cream and non-intrusive needle or not.

Daiths•Lobes•Helices•Industrial•Inner Conch•Nostril•Tongue•Navel•VCH

http://www.myspace.com/amy0410
Pit Bull Lovers!

#268767 - 07/08/03 06:26 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
tantrik Offline

Loc: Louisiana
I hate to say it but some of those pics in the gallery lokk pretty real...

#268768 - 07/08/03 06:58 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
P.D.B Offline
The Jingle Junk Man

Loc: UK
I thought they looked real too, but I now think looking carefully and with the comment above about why arent they crying, that it was probably just staged very well, to make it look real.

PDB and SDB

Uncut and PROUD of it.

#268769 - 07/08/03 07:03 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
HappyGirl49 Offline

Loc: Yellowknife, Canada
I can't get the page to load, but it sounds a lot like "Bonsai Kitty". Anyone ever see that website? It had the whole internet in an uproar because they were "selling" kits to stuff kittens in jars and let them grow in there. It was nothing more than a well staged joke.

http://www.homestarrunner.com/

#268770 - 07/08/03 07:27 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
planetred Offline

Loc: UK, England, West Yorkshire
I've noticed that they're not crying either. It can't be real. I hope it isn't anyway.

Boys are like slinkies, it's always fun to watch them fall down the stairs.
Holly xXx

#268771 - 07/08/03 07:33 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
P.D.B Offline
The Jingle Junk Man

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by planetred:
I've noticed that they're not crying either. It can't be real. I hope it isn't anyway.
Yeah I know what you mean red, It's just sooooooooo wrong. if its real.

PDB and SDB

Uncut and PROUD of it.

#268772 - 07/08/03 07:35 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
soon-to-be discipula deej* Offline

Loc: Nashville TN
nuuuh... look at the last q on the info page

"Can you take a check from my overdrawn account that I closed 2 years ago?
No. We accept cash and major credit cards."

wtf? that's definitely not a faq. listed right after "how long will it take to heal?"

pics!: http://www.angelfire.com/scary/deej

#268773 - 07/08/03 07:38 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
Kanida Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
To me the last little boy looks like he's crying... but that could just be me.

#268774 - 07/08/03 07:39 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
TheFariesFire Offline

SEE? Now when I was 7 year old, I went in to have my ears gun pierced...Well, my mom was thinking that they were not going to get but one ear done because I was screaming and whailing so much over just that little quick pinch! I don't know of any little children that wouldn't be screaming and whailing even worse than that! Especially not little girls! Also, there's no way they would have held still long enough to have that tattoo be done that well on them. I dunno, I"m pretty sure it's fake.

...and if it is, doesn't it BOTHER people to be wasting money and web space on crap like this?! right up there with the bonsai Kitty! Some jokes are just too expensive for me to attempt, I guess...

yeah, I oticed that one or two are crying...

Pit Bull Lovers!

#268775 - 07/08/03 08:24 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
MsJen Administrator Offline
I never saw the way the orange slayed the rake...

Loc: Indiana!!!
I lived in San Diego for 2 years and never heard of such a place.Sure the pics that are upclse look real but u cant tell if they are kids or not by the arm etc.Also most places would have a phone number on the website so u can contact them. its just an addy.hmmm guess a call to info can solve that one laugh

"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of jalapenos-- what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......"

#268776 - 07/08/03 08:38 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
sexyvegeta Offline

Loc: Arkansas
hell, just look it up in the internet yellow pages, what legit shop wouldnt be publicly listed?
Frozen Dead From It's Bough
Without Ever Having Felt
Sorry For Itself
G.H. Lawrence 'Self-Pity'

#268777 - 07/08/03 08:47 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
MsJen Administrator Offline
I never saw the way the orange slayed the rake...

Loc: Indiana!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by sexyvegeta:
hell, just look it up in the internet yellow pages, what legit shop wouldnt be publicly listed?
good point never thought of that

"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of jalapenos-- what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......"

#268778 - 07/08/03 09:07 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
Fuel shy Offline

Loc: FL/GA
they should let you click on the pictures and see them bigger.
i do henna tattoos on little kids sometimes and they usually mess they up, the rub agaist something, they touch them, it would be hard to heal a real tattoo on a kid.

#268779 - 07/08/03 09:16 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
BoreWithTheChildrenHere Offline

No phone numbers. And, even more interesting, the Seattle location appears to be in the middle of a Boeing complex. :rolleyes:

#268780 - 07/08/03 09:20 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
::--Brandi--:: Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx
well at least if u wanted it, they got a tiny bit of free flash on their site, whether the whole thing is fake or not. *shrugs*

[Save A Tree, Kill A Skater]

#268781 - 07/08/03 09:23 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hope it's a hoax website. Otherwise, that's just crazy!

#268782 - 07/08/03 09:25 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
sexyvegeta Offline

Something else I noticed about those pics, yes, the close up ones look real, but the pictures actually showing kids with tattoos, they look like theyre drawn on. whos to say the ones close up arent adults?
Without Ever Having Felt
Sorry For Itself

#268783 - 07/08/03 09:27 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
PerfectFreak Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Want it or not, it IS real.

This dude who owns the biggest tattoo shop in Greece has tattooed his 7 year old daghter. It's on her arm. And seeing as in the USA there is 20 time the population of greece, it doesnt seem so weird seeing 30 or so kids tattooed.

Nasty, stupid, bad, yes. But its a fact. :-/

#268784 - 07/08/03 09:29 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
sexyvegeta Offline

Yeah, kids with tattoos is real, but a shop specializing in it? hmmmmmm, seems a little far fetched considering this places home base seems to be california.......a state, and the cities, being home to some of the bitchiest and narkiest people on the planet. and I don't think these guys gross enough income to pay off the cops.
Without Ever Having Felt
Sorry For Itself

#268785 - 07/08/03 09:55 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.

Well, like I posted, the Seattle location would probably be in the middle of a Boeing complex, which seems -- uhhhhh -- unlikely. And, there are no phones numbers, yet they suggest you schedule an appointment. Hummm...

But, if anyone really does think this place might be real, why don't you email them with something like "I'd like to get my 4 year old daughter tattooed. What is your phone number so I can talk to an artist in your shop and make an appointment?"

Let us know if you even get a reply. :rolleyes:

#268786 - 07/08/03 09:56 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
TheFariesFire Offline

that would be an interresting reply. :p

Nice work Detective Doctor Monkey Boi, Sir!

Pit Bull Lovers!

#268787 - 07/08/03 10:30 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
GabooN Offline

Loc: Windsor, Canada
that bonzai kitten site got to me too..its so hard to tell if its real or not, although your thinking 'people would actually do this???' but i doubt its real (just go to sales and click the top link for the supply depot and read some of the comments beside the vessels, esp near the bottom) anyways heres the link http://www.bonsaikitten.com/

oh ya..on the gallery page the fourth link says you need to contact the webmaster to see it cause of extreme modifications to the cat, anyone up to the job??
That shines, above you and I.
-matchbook romance- if all else fails

http://gaboon.bmezine.com

#268788 - 07/08/03 10:39 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
GabooN Offline

i think people are right about the close-ups being adult tattoos, becuase ive seen that one with the tiger and butterfly on some shops page b4, not sure which shop cause ive looked at soooo many..and if this is a hoax who would bring there kid to pretend for the pic anyways?? ppl are weird

#268789 - 07/08/03 11:19 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
soon-to-be discipula deej* Offline

Loc: Nashville TN
about them looking real-- a few months ago at claire's i bought a plastic card full of black fake tats that looked quite identical to the real ones that are all the rage... and seriously, they looked real, for about twenty four hours, anyway. I even put a huge one on my face and went clubbing, and my best friend screamed when she first saw me, and then proceeded to rub at my face-- and it didn't come off! heh. I also put the little japanese characters behind my ear from time to time. i know, i know, those up close ones-- with the redness and all-- look real. but the far away ones on the kids... pfft, all it took me was about five seconds and a damp washcloth.

:shrug:

I love those fake tats, though. perfect for somebody as noncommittal as myself. smile

pics!: http://www.angelfire.com/scary/deej

#268790 - 07/08/03 11:25 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
Tandi Offline

Loc: Escaped!
OK, I should have checked before - Snopes says it\'s fake. Phew.

eek eek eek at that guy in Athens tattooing his 7yo kid though.

#268791 - 07/08/03 11:26 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.

I thought about being noncommittal once, but couldn't decide if I wanted to do it. :rolleyes:

#268792 - 07/08/03 02:27 PM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
subculture Offline

Loc: cape mo
well i emailed this guys just to see what they say about there site where is what i wrote
Subject: you have got to be kidding me is your site some kind of sick joke
To: [email protected]

you have got to be kidding me is your site some kind of sick joke. tattooing adults is one thing but to tattoo a kid is just wrong,and against the law in america. i just hope that your site
isjust some kind of satire site. plz reply and let me what it is that you all are acutally doing out there

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?

well we will just see what they email me back with
I live,to pester,provoke,and annoy. "May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who f@#ks up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch." Kim icq rocks 328528950 "NO TEACHER MY HOMEWORK ATE MY DOG" "SAVE THE ROADS EAT ROADKILL"

"NO TWO THINGS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME" SCIENTIFIC FACT

#268793 - 07/08/03 02:56 PM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
Daddy Offline

Loc: Oakland
What about This ?

...it just sucks now!

Daddy!

Tribe Page

Brian
Retired Manufacturer?Semi-Professional Materials Educator

#268794 - 07/08/03 03:45 PM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
spooky_nine Offline

Loc: San Angelo, TX
holy crap, that's hilarious!!
"Johnny calls me "da man!" That puts me at ease. It makes me feel comfortable, because I am Black and that's how Black folks talk to one another." :rolleyes: laugh
sterotypical, anyone?

#268795 - 07/08/03 03:58 PM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
Shotie Offline

Loc: MO
Let me point out some things here:

This is likely staged. How do I know this?
1. They never show a closeup of a CHILD with a tattoo. They show close ups of the tats, but never pull the camera view back far enough that you can tell for certain whether the tattoo is on a child or adult body. It could be either.
(The only tats you can tell for sure are on adults are actually in the "We do adults too!" part, where they show more of the body from further away)

2. It's really easy to rub fake tattoos on and stage it as a real tattoo. I'm reasonably sure this would be pretty illegal if they were real tattoos.

3. There's a small chance they are really tattooing the children with temporary inks, but I doubt that.

I dunno, it just screams "bonsai kitty" to me, even though I can't find anything that without a doubt says it's fraudulent.

#268796 - 07/08/03 06:37 PM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
Andi. Offline
Hot Mama!

Loc: North Dakota
If that was true Child welfare would shut that place down so fast and you'd hear all about it over the national news I would imagine...

So fake... :rolleyes:

#268797 - 07/08/03 07:40 PM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
GabooN Offline

ya im pretty sure that someone at school like a teacher would notice that little jimmy's temporary tatto has been on his arm for way too long and find out it was real..even if it was at the top of his arm under his shirt sleeve..i doubt little jimmy could resist showing it off..you know how kindergarten's are :p

#268798 - 07/10/03 08:10 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
HughTheHand Offline

Loc: Buffalo

#268799 - 07/10/03 05:29 PM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
HappyGirl49 Offline

Gotta love Snopes.com.

I just made my first visit ro Rotten.com. I could have done without that.

#268800 - 07/10/03 05:33 PM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
WannaBeAGoonie2 Offline

Loc: Chicago
Quote:
Originally posted by HappyGirl49:
Gotta love Snopes.com.

I just made my first visit ro Rotten.com. I could have done without that.
omg, when i get really bored at night i LOVE to look at rotten.com...then after awhile i sit and wonder what the hell is wrong with me... :rolleyes:

#268801 - 07/11/03 07:04 AM Re: Tattoo your toddler: Tell me this isn't for real.
HappyGirl49 Offline

Yeah, it was like I was really grossed out, but I couldn't stop looking!!! I'm a sick puppy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Copyright © 2000-2008
Tribalectic Body Jewelry
For more information see the Tribalectic.com™ Privacy Statement
Search

Shout Box

Forum Stats
12905 Members
10 Forums
53141 Topics
742879 Posts